METRO is a leading international specialist in wholesale and food retail. We work for 20 million customers with 20 million different sets of challenges, ambitions and dreams. Our sales brands METRO/MAKRO Cash & Carry and Real, our delivery services, and our digitization initiatives set the standards for tomorrow: for customer focus, technological innovation and sustainable business models. We keep an open mind and do all we can to help our customers achieve their goals. From Michelin star restaurants to ambitious independent visionaries and everyone in between – we’re here to help the small business with big ideas and global businesses with local priorities to succeed. All 120.000 of us.
For our Management-Holding in Düsseldorf we are looking for a
Intern / Working student (m/f/d) Common Sourcing Logistics – Demand Planning
– full-time / 6 months –
- As a part of our team you are actively involved in the demand planning process for internationally sourced products. Together with the team in Düsseldorf you are working towards an accurate demand plan in order to achieve high availability of goods and efficient stock levels in our regional warehouses as well as in the MCC countries.
- In particular, you are helping our direct customers, 25 MCC countries, in generating a demand driven forecast of future orders. You are critically evaluating the input from the countries and carrying out required steps to enable effective supply planning for our regional warehouses.
- You are analyzing forecast performance on different levels in order to find improvement areas for processes in the headquarters as well as in the MCC countries.
- You are supporting the enhancement of the IT solutions for forecasting (in Excel) based on your own ideas and user requests.
- In our monthly status meetings via video conference you are participating in forecast trainings and general updates to the MCC country counterparts.
- Support with responsibilities as SPoC for issues from the countries related to the business
- Good academic results in Bachelor-/Master-Studies in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Economics, or Economics related studies (min. 4th semester)
- Work/internship experience, preferably in the retail or supply chain area, desirably within international environment
- Open-mindedness, enthusiasm, willingness to get involved, flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Strong analytical and strategic competencies
- Engagement to work in a challenging and result oriented environment
- Strong team-work and social skills
- Good MS Office skills (especially Excel)
- Good English communication skills (corporate language is English)
- Paid full-time internship in an international and experienced team with a high degree of self- responsibility and independence in a friendly, yet highly dynamic and proactive environment
- Insights in the entire supply chain of internationally sourced and distributed products at MCC: From decisions on assortments and goods flow to demand and supply planning as well as stock management up until sales, customer service and international transport
- We are open for constructive enhancement of our processes and procedures where every member of the team takes part and can contribute to
- Exchange of experiences with other interns and working students within our intern community: METRO 4 Interns
Are you interested in working in a professional team? Then we would be pleased to receive your online application in English.
Send your application to: email@example.com, including the reference number: M/18-00090; or use Founders Club‘s online application form!
The METRO AG is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.
|Job Category||Supply Chain Management|